It’s no secret that pets can be beneficial to both the body and spirit. The question is, how do you know which is the right one for your family? Some might consider a cat, but let us show you why a dog would be a better choice.
Here are some of the benefits of having a dog in your family.
20 Benefits of Having a Pet Dog
1) Man’s Best Friend: Dogs are a great companion for children. Studies have shown that children who live with dogs enjoy a higher quality of life and have fewer behavioral problems than those who don’t, and also tend to do better in school than children without pets.
2) Sniffing Out Cancer: Dogs are often kept as pets because they are known to detect cancer through an unusual sense of smell. That’s right; some dogs actually know when their owners have cancer. It is still not entirely clear how they do this, but it is known that dogs can smell changes in the body that are not perceivable to the human nose.
3) Giving You a Sense of Security: You will feel as if nothing bad can happen to your family when you have a dog by your side. This purpose is expressed in the Latin word for dog (Canis), meaning ‘to protect.’ Dogs can also detect danger and alert their owners before any damage is done.
4) Great Guard Dogs: Dogs are very protective of their family and home. They can be great guard dogs and bark to alert you when there is an intruder or other danger. Dogs offer protection: Dogs will always protect their owners if any threat is nearby. This is why dogs have been known as man’s best friend for thousands of years, as they are willing to give their lives for you at any time.
5) Dogs are Amazing: Dogs have been around for 4 million years and are among the most adaptable and flexible mammals around. They can sit, heel, shake hands, and rollover. They have been the most widely used domesticated mammal for centuries. Along with cats, dogs are part of our family and give us a big hug every day in return.
6) Dogs are a Great Companion: They will join you on walks and play games with you, and they will always be happy to see you. They deserve a lot of love and attention from us!
7) Pet Therapy: Many people who have personality disorders, dementia, or depression can benefit greatly from owning a dog due to the similarity in their personalities. A dog’s presence can help people suffering from some illnesses or disorders by giving them something to focus their lives on.
8) Therapeutic Benefits: Dogs can provide a wide range of benefits to their owners, some of which are:
-reducing blood pressure
-reducing cholesterol levels
-relieving stress and anxiety.
“A study tracked the effects of dog ownership over four years (N=1,000 people ages 35 to 55) and found that individuals with a dog at home were less likely to have high blood pressure or high cholesterol levels and less likely to be obese. As a bonus, owning a dog is associated with feeling less depressed. The researchers theorize that dog owners are more likely to get outside and exercise, which can improve cardiovascular health.”
9) Dogs are Fun: They are great to play with; they love nothing more than games that involve running around and racing around. This is especially beneficial if your children are young, as it allows them to get some exercise in their daily lives.
10) Dogs will Keep You Fit: If your dog regularly needs to go for a long walk, then it is time for you to start walking too! You should also make sure that your dog gets the exercise it needs every day. If you don’t, it could cause him health problems and create an unhealthy relationship between the two of you.
11) Dogs are intelligent: Dogs are known to have an IQ of around 100, higher than the average human. This means that if you teach your dog tricks, it will learn them with ease and remember them for a long time. Dogs are also very intelligent because they can understand human speech and can learn a lot from it.
12) Dogs are Loving: No animal on the planet is affectionate and loving as a dog. This makes them the perfect companion for anyone who needs warmth and love in their life.
13) Dogs Make Family Members: Most people in the world take their dogs with them whenever they are on a trip away from home or even when they have people over to their home for dinner. Dogs are known for their loyalty, and this means that they will do anything to be with the people they love.
14) Dogs Bring Happiness: Dogs are symbols of happiness, as they will always have a look on their face that says that they are excited to be alive. They will never lose this excitement, and you will always be able to make them happy by giving them a bone or taking them out for a walk.
15) Dogs Teach Responsibility: When you own a dog, then you are automatically given great responsibilities that must be fulfilled. You need to feed them and walk them whenever they need it, but this is not always an easy task. Your dog should be taught to understand that it has a responsibility towards you, and you should always be ready to help it in any way possible.
16) Dogs Know When you’re Sad: Dogs can not only read your moods, but they can also understand the fact that you are unhappy.
17) Dogs Will Protect You: They are very territorial animals and will do anything to protect you when in need. Dogs help protect your home: This is one of the main reasons why people get dogs in the first place. When you have a dog by your side, then every part of your house will be protected and the whole family.
18) Dogs are Great for Stress Relief: During the day, there is nothing better than having a dog on your lap. They will provide you with so much warmth and love.
19) Dogs Help with Depression: Dog owners can suffer from depression, and no other pet on the planet can provide the same amount of comfort and happiness like a dog. This is why dogs are considered to be man’s best friend.
20) Dogs Make Great Pets: Dogs are loyal animals and very loyal to their owners. They will always be there for their owners no matter what they do or say, simply because they care about them.
Dogs provide a lot of benefits for their owners, and this is why they are considered to be magnificent animals. They are loyal, affectionate, playful, and obedient, which is why they are considered to be man’s best friend. So, now that you know about the health benefits of owning a dog, why don’t you get a dog? You will not regret it.